12 pieces of chicken wings
1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of sugar
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup of chopped almonds
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 egg white beaten
oil for frying
1. Clean the wings and pat dry.
2. Mix all the ingredients except for beaten egg white in a bowl.
3. Marinate the chicken wings and refrigerate them for at least an hour or overnight preferably.
4. Heat up oil in a wok or a deep frying pot.
5. Prepare a coating station, first with the beaten egg white and chopped almonds in a shallow dish.
6. Submerge the chicken wings in the beaten egg white before coating them with the almonds. Repeat until the wings are all coated.
7. Drop the chicken wings gently into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both side.
8. Alternatively you can also bake the wings in the oven, at 180 degree Celsius for 30 minutes.