06 November 2010

Almond Crusted Chicken Wings

I love chicken wings, especially grilled or fried ones. Yummy, succulent wings. Mmmmmm. So the other day while cleaning up my pantry I found some chopped almonds, I bought it a while back thinking I might use it for baking but never got around to it. So before they turned bad, I thought of making almond crusted chicken wings instead of just the usual baked ones, not sure if it’s going to taste nice. But now I have another recipe added to my chicken wings collection.

You Need
12 pieces of chicken wings
1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of sugar
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup of chopped almonds
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 egg white beaten
oil for frying

How To
1. Clean the wings and pat dry.
2. Mix all the ingredients except for beaten egg white in a bowl.
3. Marinate the chicken wings and refrigerate them for at least an hour or overnight preferably.
4. Heat up oil in a wok or a deep frying pot.
5. Prepare a coating station, first with the beaten egg white and chopped almonds in a shallow dish.
6. Submerge the chicken wings in the beaten egg white before coating them with the almonds. Repeat until the wings are all coated.
7. Drop the chicken wings gently into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both side.
8. Alternatively you can also bake the wings in the oven, at 180 degree Celsius for 30 minutes.

Cooking Pictorial

How To

1 comment:

  1. I love chicken wings and am always looking for new sauces and variations! Can't wait to try it out...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog and would love to hear from you. So if you want to leave a comment here, please do so. Don't fret if you don't see me replying your lovely comments only because I'm busy being a mother and as much as I want to be with my laptop all day long I can't. But as always thanks again for the messages :) and I'll try to reply them soonest possible. ♥

And if you have any questions or suggestions, do drop me an email at (alesiasim@gmail.com)