26 January 2010

Cooking & Blogging Mojo

I’ve been lacking of these two for the past few days if not weeks, that I’m starting to forget how it feels to cook and write about it. To be honest, I was having some personal issues and I wasn’t in the right state of mind to do anything.

But it warms my heart to know despite the lack of activities in both of my blogs, there are still readers visiting them. Thanks everyone :) So here I am, back from a short and unintended hiatus. The long overdue recipes .

5 Spices Chicken Wings





You need
10 chicken wing pieces
1 tablespoon of Chinese five-spice powder
1 tablespoon of sugar or 2 tablespoons of honey
1/4 cup of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
3 cloves of garlic minced
1 inch of ginger grated salt and freshly cracked black pepper

How To
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare the chicken wings and pat dry.
3. Mix all the ingredients except the chicken wing in a bowl. Place the chicken wings in the bowl, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
4. Line the wing pieces up on a baking sheet so the side of the wing that has the most skin is facing up. Roast until cooked through, browned and crispy, or until the juice runs clear about 30 minutes.
5. Or if you’re using a griller, oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken wings on one side for 20 minutes, then turn and brush with honey. Continue grilling 20 minutes, or until juices run clear.

***************************************************************


Pasta with Sweet Pumpkin Sauce


You Need
250g of Spaghetti, cooked until al dente
1 cup of pumpkin, cubed
1 small onion, minced
1 cup of milk
1/2 tablespoon of sugar *
salt and freshly cracked pepper to season
olive oil

How To
1. Heat up oil in a saucepan, add in the onion and sauté until it turns transparent.
2. Add in the pumpkin and milk. Let it simmer until the pumpkin turns soft/mushy. At this point, the sauce would start to thicken.
3. Transfer the cooked spaghetti into the pan and coat it with the sauce. Season with salt, sugar and pepper.
4. Serve and enjoy

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I am intrigued by the sweet pumpkin sauce- how long did it turned soft?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just wondering, wouldn't 280C burn the chicken wings quickly? I usually grill at 180-200C for 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry I took such a long time to reply! Anyway for the sweet pumpkin sauce, because I diced the pumpkin so finely, it only took me under 20mins for it to turn soft. But if you cut the pumpkins in chunks, it should take 25-40 minutes? Just make sure you check on the sauce every now and then and stir each time :)

    Puiyee, thanks for pointing out the typo! I forgot to double check the recipe before I hit the Publish button. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog and would love to hear from you. So if you want to leave a comment here, please do so. Don't fret if you don't see me replying your lovely comments only because I'm busy being a mother and as much as I want to be with my laptop all day long I can't. But as always thanks again for the messages :) and I'll try to reply them soonest possible. ♥

And if you have any questions or suggestions, do drop me an email at (alesiasim@gmail.com)