07 October 2009
Spicy Aglio Olio Fettuccine with Pan Fried Oregano Chicken
Made this for lunch and I must say after sipping a big cup of iced green tea does make me feel less guilty indulging such a sinful yet delicious dish :D Why sinful? Because I'm supposed to cut down on my carbs, been gaining weight for the past few months plus my third anniversary is 2 weeks away.
The recipe is pretty straight forward and I cooked by taste, not so much on measuring the ingredients, so when you make this, just play by taste ya
For the Spicy Aglio Olio Fettuccine
About a handful of dried fettuccine, cooked till al dente,
5 cloves of garlic, sliced
3 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 tbsps of dried chilli flakes or red pepper flakes, you may add more flakes if you like it even spicier
A splash of balsamic vinegar*
Salt to taste
For the Pan Fried Oregano Chicken
1 chicken thigh, boneless, skin on
1 tsp of ground oregano
salt & pepper to season
Olive oil to pan fry (about 2-3 tbsps would do)
1. Pat dry the chicken, and season with salt, pepper and ground oregano. Leave aside to marinate for at least 10 mins. (I marinated it since morning while preparing for Ashley's lunch)
2. Heat up olive oil in a frying pan/skillet and place the chicken, skin side on. Cook until the skin turns golden brown and flip the other side. Cook for another 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel, while preparing the pasta.
3. Use a paper towel to wipe clean the pan and heat up the EVOO, stir in the garlic slices, give it a quick stir or if you want until it turns slightly golden brown.
4. Sprinkle half of the chilli flakes and stir for less than a minute before putting in the already cooked pasta. Add in the remaining chilli flakes, mix well. Season with salt
5. Serve with the Pan Fried Oregano Chicken.
* You don't have to add in balsamic vinegar if you don't have it in your pantry. I just thought of adding a splash for tartness or you can squeeze in half a lemon
Now for another cup or maybe a huge tumbler of iced green tea