09 September 2009
Smoked Salmon Pizza Toast
Whenever I’m in need of a quick brunch, and yet I don’t want a meal that isn’t satisfying to my tummy I’ll make this. Just a bottle of pasta sauce, cheese and voila you have a quick but satisfying meal
2 Slices of bread (I normally use BreadTalk's butter loaf as it has a nice buttery aroma and crust after toasting)
3 tbsp of Pasta Sauce/Tomato Puree
100g Smoked Salmon
100g Mozzarella Cheese
Pizza Toppers or you can also use any dried mixed herbs you like
1. Spread the pasta sauce on the bread.
2. Sprinkle the herbs over the sauce.
3. Place smoked salmon on the bread and top it with Mozzarella cheese
4. Grill the toast in a toaster oven or an oven at 180°C for 10 minutes or until the cheese has turned golden brown
Instead of Smoked Salmon, you can have ham, sausages*, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and the list’s endless
To prevent your pizza toast from being too soggy, just lightly toast the bread before spreading the pasta sauce.
* Make sure the sausages has been cooked before placing it on the bread.